It is a health condition in which a couple is unable to conceive after at least one year of continuous trying for a child. However, both males and females have equal chances of being infertile. But in this blog, we are going to talk about male infertility in detail with its treatment.
Reasons For Male Infertility
Some of the common reasons for male infertility problems are:
- Having poor sperm quality or low sperm count makes it harder to penetrate the egg for fertilization.
- Men who have undergone the testicular biopsy or epididymal in order to conceive a child.
- Men with any kind of anatomical abnormality include blockage in the male’s reproductive tract. This stops him from producing and ejaculating the sperm with the semen.
You could easily solve such problems with the assistance of high technology and advanced specialized methods, including IVF (In Vitro fertilization), ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection), and many other processes. However, ICSI gives one of the highest success rates and hope to the couple who are struggling with male factor infertility. This technique will help them obtain pregnancy under the proper guidance.
Circumstances When The Doctor Recommends ICSI Treatment For Infertility
The doctors at the ICSI Treatment Centre in Ludhiana usually suggest ICSI in those cases wherein there is a male infertility factor. And obtaining fertilization via natural means is challenging.
Some of the causes of male infertility where the Best Gynaecologist In Ludhiana uses ICSI are:
- When they have low sperm count, also known as oligospermia.
- When the male has poor sperm motility or movement (asthenozoospermia).
- Having poor sperm quality is also known as azoospermia, wherein the sperm is not able to fertilize the eggs. There are two types of azoospermia:
- Obstructive azoospermia: It can happen because of a previous vasectomy, congenital absence of the vas, or even scarring from previous infections.
- Non-obstructive azoospermia: It disrupts sperm production in the testicles because of the Varicoceles or varicose veins in the scrotum.
- Abnormally Shaped Sperm, which is also medically known as teratozoospermia.
- The doctor retrieves the sperm via TESE (testicular sperm extraction). They usually perform this action when a man is unable to ejaculate the sperm with the semen but is producing it in testicles.
- Retrograde Ejaculation: in this procedure, the doctor in the IVF Centre in Ludhiana retrieves the sperm from the urine of a man.
Some Other Causes To Use ICSI Method
These are some other reasons that would make people choose ICSI as a form of infertility treatment.
- When the surgeon uses frozen sperm, the sperm does not seem to be active.
- When the doctor carries on the PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis)
- When the previous IVF cycle did not work out, even though the sperm was healthy enough with high-quality sufficient eggs.
- When the doctor uses the frozen oocytes, then there is a chance that eggs shells harden. In such a situation, we highly recommend you ICSI.
- The doctor uses IVM (in vitro maturation in which they retrieve the eggs before they reach maturity. In such cases, the ICSI will be an effective procedure.