Are you going to visit for your first gynecologist checkup?
It’s obvious to feel normal and anxious. Indeed! Visiting the gynecologist for the first time can make you feel nervous about what to do and not. The gynecologist in Punjab guides you effectively on how to take the best care of your gynecological health. You must visit the gynae from time to time to ensure your health is in the suitable space. If you have that nervousness, this blog gives you a better understanding of what to expect during a gynecological checkup?’
First Gynecological Check-up: When should I get it?
At the age of 13 to 15 years old.
Don’t make the mistake of waiting for your gynecological checkup unto you have a problem with your sexual life or notice symptoms like:
- Vaginal burning
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Strong menstrual cramps
- Irregular menstrual cycle
When you begin your gynecological checkup early, it allows you to transform your health better.
What is the gynecological examination?
The type of test that you need to get depends on your present condition, symptoms, age, and other factors. Here are the primary examination performed during gynecological examination in Punjab:
- General health checkup: The blood pressure, urine, and blood tests are done. The initial step to see what’s the issue.
- Physical examination: The gynae will ask you questions about your personal and family health history. And other necessary tests are done.
- Pelvic examination: The doctor checks the pelvic area to check the vagina, vulva, and outer part of the vagina. The doctor will check if there’s any presence of a cyst.
- Pap smear: A Pap test is used as a method of pelvic examination. The doctor takes out the cell samples from the cervix and then sends them further to look for abnormalities and cervical cancer signs.
- Breast examination: The doctor will also check the breast to see if there’s any presence of lumps or unwanted growth.